4/25/2013

Baked Almond Crusted Whitefish

Almond Crusted Whitefish in a Sweet Tomato & Carrot Medley



So I felt like "free-styling" a little with the type of fish I had home. I did not have anything concrete to make in mind hence I put things together as I went along. This creation came out of my experiment. It took almost no effort and resulted in this heavenly recipe. This right here is what I like to call perfection. It's healthy, tasty, fast, easy, and requires very little ingredients & planning. You'll find yourself wondering how you managed to make a gourmet styled meal in 20 mins. Yes, I said TWENTY minutes. Check this out:



>So here's everything you'll need (Highlighted the list throughout out the recipe):

1) I started with 2 Cups of Julienne Baby Carrots and 1/2 Cup Sliced Grape Tomatoes. Spread them out evenly in an oven-safe glass pan lined with aluminum foil. I followed that with a Handful of Shredded (freshly picked) Basil Leaves, a 1/4 Cup of White Cooking Wine (you may use fish stock), then added a pinch of salt over everything.

2) Next, I crushed 1/3 Cup of Raw Almonds and combined it with 2 tsp of Garlic Powder and 1 tsp of Kosher Salt. I used the mixture to coat each fillet of Whitefish (I used 2 for this recipe), making sure to get of good amount of almonds on there (love the slight crunch it brings to the baked fish). Once well coated, I placed each fillet on the bed of carrots and tomatoes.

3) I proceeded to top that with some minced dill and 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced). And lastly, I drizzled about 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil on top, covered it, and baked it in a 400 degree F preheated oven for 12 mins. The fish will cook between 10-15 mins.


                                                                                                                                       


                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment