3/21/2013

Citrus Avocado Sandwich

Citrus Avocado Sandwich! 


So this past week, my dad has been in the mood for AVOCADOS! It's like he can't get enough! I personally don't like them... I have texture issues and, like bananas, avocados have that weird "slippery" texture I can not get past. Hence no guacamole for me... But that's beside the point... So here's what would happen for the past week. My dad would buy avocados (2 at a time) and I would find something quick to do with them because I just didn't want them in my kitchen lol. But by the time I got rid of the second one, he would buy two more and bring it home. So I gave up and decided to make something that I WOULD try and came up with this heavenly sandwich....



Here's everything you'll need:

1 Ripe Avocado
1 Small Plum tomato
1 Tbsp Chopped Chives
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Pinch of dried basil leaves

Start by dicing the avocado and tomato.
In a small pan, quickly toast the garlic in the sesame oil. 
Cool, and add to a mixing bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients. 
Mix well and you can then add the diced avocados and tomatoes. 
Lastly add some salt and pepper to taste.

Slice a piece of fresh bread lengthwise on the side. 
Insert a generous amount of the avocado mixture. 
And here the best part, take a bite and taste how glorious this sandwich is! 

I still don't like "avocados" but this recipe, I absolutely LOVE! 
Give a try and let me know what you think!



*Bon Appétit*


No comments:

Post a Comment